Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Praise to the Lord

I wanted to start this blog post with the lyrics to a song that The Austin Stone has written (http://www.austinstoneworship.com/albums/1--austin-stone-live/songs/6--praise-to-the-lord) and that we have been singing at church. This past Sunday it brought the tears and a lot of emotion of what the words really mean to me. 

Praise to the Lord:


We praise You
Our Savior and Friend
Your mercy, it flows like the wind

And I'll walk with You
Through the fire and the rain
You'll carry me
When my hope seems undone

Praise to the Lord, oh my soul
Praise to the Lord, for all that You are
You are the hope of my soul
Praise to the Lord, for all that You are

I'm broken
Yet perfectly sewn
Your story
A masterful tone

And I'll walk with You 
Through the fire and the rain
You'll carry me
When my hope seems undone

Praise to the Lord, oh my soul
Praise to the Lord, for all that You are
You are the hope of my soul
Praise to the Lord, for all that You are

Perfect Jesus, no You won't let me go
Gracious Jesus, no You won't let me go

I think these words hit me so hard because the more time I have waiting around for this all to happen, the more time I have to let the fears seep in. I can openly and honestly admit that I have fears, even though I have peace. Yes I know that it is going to be OK, but I am human and man do I get attacked with lies. We all do, whether we know God or not, it is if we can turn those back to Him and trust that changes the course of the way we step forward. I can fully trust that God has brought me to this moment for a purpose and it would have never happened without the way he has orchestrated my life. 

Friday is my CT Scan in Dallas. No it isn't a big deal, nor does it require a lot of me, but it makes this all that much more real, since this is the last thing they need before we can schedule my surgery. Schedule my Surgery.... Who wants to do that? But I a reminded that He has literally brought me through fire and rain. He has literally carried me though. I have been through so much that I could write an entire novel on it all. There have been so many times when my life was in danger and He just protected me. I don't know why and I don't know how, but that is our God. 

It is so beautiful and personal to me when it says "I'm broken, Yet perfectly sewn". I am. I literally have been and will be broken, but He will perfectly sew me back. I will be like a new person and He will be able to use my new energy in new ways. It is really hard to imagine because I have not known anything else from the way I have always lived. It is so exciting and what an amazing gift. I am also reminded that He never has and will not let me go. What a Perfect Jesus. 

So we just ask for your prayer. For safe travels to Dallas on Friday. That the UT Southwestern Team get the exact pictures that they need and that everything will be as the surgeon wants and needs to proceed. Also just ask for prayer for peace. I cannot stand the fears and the lies. I just want them removed. I know that is possible.

Thank you all for your amazing and abundant support. We have been so stricken with humbleness and gratefulness of your love for us. Hope you have a beautiful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment