Monday, March 26, 2012

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful,  I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body;  all the days ordained for me were written in your book  before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, God!  How vast is the sum of them!  Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand—  when I awake, I am still with you." - Psalm 139: 13-18


The other night when Matt was praying over the baby he was praying through this verse.  I had forgotten about this verse. I remember in college when we were studying for Bible classes, or even if we just liked a verse, or wanted to encourage each other, we would put notes with verses on the mirror, door or wall for each other. My one roommate had this verse up for a long time and it kind of hit me personally. I was a miracle in itself, being born with a congenital heart disease, going through a few surgeries, and even battling a life threatening staff infection in the 6th grade. It is only through the fact that God knit me that I am alive. That He knows me inside and out, every inch of me and knew all these things before they happened.


Our baby is being knit, so intricately, so perfectly, so wonderfully inside of me. That is so far beyond my understanding. The crazy part is I can feel it. Pregnancy is sure an unexpected array of symptoms and feelings, and I have to admit, it is very hard for them not to worry me when I feel them. I have books, magazines, and prayer.  Just to be very blunt, one of the not so wonderful symptoms is a plethora of stomach/ intestinal issues. I won't go into detail here. Already dealing with years of stomach issues and finally changing my diet enough that they were subsiding, it was a wonder that I felt them yet again. Due to all of this I keep getting a sort of slight pain/cramp on my ride side it the upper abdominal area. It doesn't last  more than a few seconds and is not continuous. It also has no other symptoms with it. I know what it is and so does Matt, but my mind wants to tell me different. I also have read that things like this will occur, and not to worry unless it worsens, doesn't go away, or is accompanied by other serious issues. Hey and I now have a baby that is going to start pushing against me. I am sure this is only the beginning! But I still worry. It is s hard not to. I want to do whatever I can to protect this baby, but I realize that all I can do is stay healthy and do what I am told. The rest is completely in God's hands.


So I would love some prayer for this discomfort to subside and for me to start getting to know my body and the ways it is changing and shifting to bring new life.  We would also love prayer for our time away from each other. Now that we have a big change in our life that controls our every thought, it makes it harder to be away. It makes it hard for me to be alone. 


Thank you for reading. Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment