Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Valley of Dry Bones 

"The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. He asked me, "Son of man, can these bones live"? I said, "O Sovereign LORD, you alone know". Then he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones and say to them, 'Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD." So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. I looked, and the tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them. Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath; prophesy son of man, and say to it, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe into these slain, and they may live. So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet - a vast army" - Ezekiel 37: 1-10 

A week ago, Matt and I received some of the most exciting news we have ever had. Finding out I was pregnant was no more than a miracle itself. This news was very unexpected, unplanned, and in a way impossible for us. When we originally talked to my Cardiologists a year ago we were told that IF I were to ever become pregnant then they predicted a 30-50% survival rate, and that women with my condition have trouble ever getting pregnant. So we never completely wrote it off, but for now we were not going to put a life through those risks. We began talking about and looking into adoption a a few weeks ago, and it started to become more real that I would not have kids of my own, so I was grieving it the week before we found out. Well then it happened. 

As you can imagine a lot of fear and excitement came at the same time. It was hard to believe the news and we knew right away that we needed to start praying, a lot. Then this verse came upon me and I cannot stop thinking about it, I cannot stop praying over it, and I have a copy of it at my desk. In very pivotal times in my life God has given me verses that get me through hard, challenging, or scary moments, and I feel like he gave me this verse because He wants us to trust, to believe, that He is larger than a statistic, and if He can breathe the breath of life into dry bones, then He will to our child. We believe this baby is going to grow inot a precious gift to us. We pray for this baby every night and we know you are too. I am still human and fears do run through my head. I would love to go to the obgyn now to see for myself that everything is ok, but God wants us to trust Him in His timing. My cardiologists in L.A. set up an appointment with a wonderful Cardiologists here that specializes in my condition. We see them this Friday for some tests. Then I will get to see the obgyn. So it is an exciting waiting game and we cannot wait to see what is next. 

Your support and prayers are so much appreciated. The sweet emails and verses have been just what we need right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment