Thursday, March 29, 2012

 A word from Matt.

About two weeks ago that little inconspicuous plus sign appeared.  The result of the home pregnancy test were astonishingly fast.  Within ten seconds of the two minute window our lives took an unexpected but truly welcomed turn.  I do believe we've entered Phase II of our marriage.

There is quite the range of thought moving through my head these days - health of the baby foremost.  As Alli has wonderfully shown in these early posts, it's not up to me nor is it up to her.  Sure we can and do whatever we can to help the baby with prenatal vitamins and the proper diet, but because of our situation it comes down to a lot of faith in God.

Now I know that God never told me or Alli that if we were good and faithful Christians that life would be wonderful and without toil.  We live in a sad and fallen world in which awful sadness is seen.  But I gather strength in daily prayer with God for our child.  I gather strength from our families as well who pray for us.   I trust God to carry us through.

This is truly a time to be happy, and I will concentrate on the joy it brings. 

We have a doctor appointment tomorrow.  Perhaps we can give some more concrete news of the inner happenings of this kid then. In the meantime I'm going to research on which Cubs shirt would look best on an infant. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment